Thursday, September 25, 2008

Penny's Bagging Up!


Oh. My. God.

What a rack! She is due on or around the 2nd of October. Very grumpy with Rodin (but it IS all his fault) and a little stand-offish with Cuddles. Gorgeous weather to foal in right now....but we all know that means squat when push comes to PUSH. Lots of glorious green grass underfoot says we couldn't have got that DOLS better (Date Of Last Service).

Got an email from a client with a mare in Wairoa today to let me know she had foaled successfully a HUGE chesnut 'something'! Out of a Gizzy-bred Chesnut mare, 'Red' (another one) so will update the sex on that as it comes to hand. (It's a colt:)

Had a lovely mutual grooming with the 3 TB's. Ducky lying down with her head in my lap, Lady having a smooch against my back and Sassy (yes, SASSY!) snuggling up too. Very irresponsible teenagy type horse-love going on....oh for a camera! So nice to sit in dry grass in the sun, bit like summer:) I have to organise Ducky to be un-caslicked and then I guess, we are all go for the start of the love-fest. Rodin will be so pleased!

Is CHESNUT or CHESTNUT?!

No comments: